World News
Trump Hails Maduro’s Capture, Vows Full Legal Action
On Saturday, former US President Donald Trump hailed the capture of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro by American forces, with Attorney General Pam Bondi pledging that Maduro and his wife would face the “full wrath” of US justice.
Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, are charged in the United States with drug and terrorism-related offences, including narco-terrorism conspiracy, cocaine importation, and charges linked to machineguns. The indictment against Maduro dates back to 2020, while charges against Flores were newly revealed. The Trump administration had previously offered $50 million for information leading to Maduro’s capture, accusing him of leading the alleged “Cartel of the Suns” drug trafficking network.
According to US media reports, the elite Delta Force executed the operation in Caracas, during which bombs reportedly fell as the couple was taken into custody and flown out of Venezuela. Trump, speaking from Mar-a-Lago in Florida, described the operation as “brilliant,” praising the planning and troops involved. He did not comment on whether congressional approval had been sought.
Attorney General Bondi said the Maduros would soon face trial on American soil. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio confirmed that no further military action in Venezuela would be necessary now that Maduro is in custody.
Republican Senator Mike Lee, who initially criticized the strike, noted that the military action was designed to protect those executing the arrest warrant. Rubio and Deputy Secretary of State Christopher Landau described the development as a “new dawn” for Venezuela, calling Maduro a tyrant who will finally face justice for his crimes.
The capture coincides with historical US operations, including the surrender of Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega in 1990 and the killing of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani in 2020, both occurring on January 3.
The move also comes shortly after Maduro offered renewed cooperation with the US on drug trafficking and illegal migration, highlighting escalating tensions between the two nations.
Trump, who has previously claimed Venezuela is a major drug exporter to the US and accused Maduro of seizing American oil interests, said in December that it would be wise for Maduro to step down, reiterating that the Venezuelan leader’s “days are numbered.”
This development marks a significant escalation in US-Venezuela relations, combining military precision with legal action aimed at holding Maduro accountable.
-
Featured1 month ago
Olugbemisola Odusote Biography, Age, Family, Education, Career, Achievements, Net Worth
-
Business2 months ago
Otedola Commends Tinubu’s Economic Reforms, Urge CBN To Raise Banks’ Capital To ₦1 Trillion
-
Featured1 month ago
How to Set Up WhatsApp Status Reshare: A Comprehensive Guide
-
News1 month agoKwara Bandits Demand ₦400m, Food, Supplies for Release of 22 Hostages
-
Sports2 months ago
Breaking: Chelsea Sacks Enzo Maresca as Head Coach
-
Sports2 months ago
AFCON 2025: Equatorial Guinea Players Gets ban Over Referee Abuse

Pingback: Trump Shares Photo of Venezuela President in U.S. Military Custody
Pingback: Maduro detained in New York Jail after Dramatic US Operation
Pingback: US Exit From WHO Takes Effect One Year After Trump’s Order