Sports: Here are the biggest details in the police reports from Tiger Woods' arrest
The most interesting details from the Tiger Woods arrest reports
Tiger Woods was arrested early Monday morning in Florida and charged with driving under the influence.
On Tuesday, TMZ obtained the arrest reports which can be seen below. Here are the most notable details:
- Woods was first found asleep in the driver's seat, with the car running, and "had to be woken up."
- The first officer on the scene described Woods as "cooperative," but said his speech was "slow and slurred" and "hard to keep eyes open."
- One officer noted that Woods fell asleep multiple times during the investigation: " the driver began reaching in his pockets and I asked him not to reach into his pockets for anything. The driver complied with an inaudible mumble and put his hands in his lap. Shortly following my request, the driver fell asleep with his eyes closed and his head up against the headrest. At one point the driver woke up and pulled on the right side lever on the steering column. I asked, the driver what he pulled, and the driver replied in a muffled tone, "what? Push the button?" and then pushed the button to start the vehicle. I immediately had the driver push the button again to turn the vehicle back off. The driver complied and then fell back asleep a few moments later."
- Woods appeared to be confused as to where he was, telling one officer he was coming from Los Angeles where he had been golfing and that he did not know where he was. A second officer reported that Woods said he was heading "down to Orange County."
- Was issued a field sobriety test. According to the report:
- Woods "missed his heel to toe each time [on the 'WALK & TURN']. Stepped off line several times. Used arms for balance. Did not return."
- Woods "did not raise his off the ground six inches [on the "ONE LEG STAND'], placed foot down several times."
- Woods had to be explained the instructions "multiple times [on the "FINGER TO NOSE'] … did not return arms to side after touching nose… was swaying throughout the instructions of the task… lost his balance and stepped forward making a movement as if he was going to fall. [two officers] moved towards Woods to ensure he did not fall over."
- Woods was asked if he understood the directions [for the 'ROMBERG ALPHABET] and replied, "yes, recite entire national anthem backwards." Woods did complete this task correctly.
- Woods was issued a breathalyzer test twice and registered a 0.00 each time.
- A second officer on the scene found "fresh" damage to the right side of the black Mercedes: "Both driver's side tires were flat along with minor damage to both respective rims. There was also minor damage to the front driver's side bumper and rear bumper, and the passenger rear tail light appeared to be out." A third officer also noted that there were "some white scrapes and scuff marks on the rear bumper." Officers searched the road where Woods was found to see if there was any evidence of damage along the road and found none.
Here is the police report from the arresting officer, via TMZ:
Here is the arrest report from other officers on the scene, also via TMZ: