Ake Arts And Book Festival 2017: Entries open for this year's review
Now in its 5th edition, Africa's biggest literary event calls for submissions to the 2017 edition of its annual journal.
Africa's biggest literary event, the Ake Arts & Book Festival, calls for submission for the 2017 edition of the annual journal.
The Ake Arts and Book Festival now in its 5th Edition focuses on the challenges, journeys and triumphs of African women, while exploring a range of feminist perspectives hence the theme, "This F-Word."
Ake festival brings together Novelists, poets, dancers, actors, illustrators, activists, musicians and artists to share their work and their ideas.
Rules for Submissions
1. Poetry – Up to 4 Poems
2. Fiction – No more than 2,500 words
3. Non-Fiction – No more than 2,000 words
4. Artwork – Up to 2 high-res jpeg works
5. A bio of no longer than 70 words
1. All entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) as attachments with 'AR Submission' in the subject line.
2. Entries must be original and unpublished
3. Only one submission per person
4. Deadline for submission is Thursday, 31 August 2017
5. Successful contributors will receive 2 copies of Ake Review and a token payment which will be communicated upon acceptance.
Ake Review welcomes entries in all literary and artistic genres including fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, reviews, photography, film, music, sound art, performance art, and visual art. Entries can be submitted in written form, as podcasts, or as videos. Pieces that explore multi-genre, inter-disciplinary and multimedia formats are encouraged.
You can find Out More, http://www.akefestival.org/